How do I read my meter
1. If you are reading an external meter - please check that it is safe to do so first.
2. Access the meter by lifting the outer lid using a screwdriver.
3. If there is a polystyrene frost cover, remove or tilt it to see the meter face.
4. Check that the unique serial number on the meter matches the number on your bill.
5. Read the black numbers on the white dials which measure the cubic metres of water you have used. We do not need the red dial numbers.
Whilst we do not require you to provide the red dial numbers for billing purposes they represent units of 100 litres, 10 litres, and sometimes a third dial showing single litres. The first five black digits indicate cubic metres (1 cubic meter = 1,000 litres = 220 gallons).
If the red or black dials on your meter are moving when you are not using any water you may have a leak - contact us on 0800 047 0347 and we can assist you.
If you have difficulty accessing your meter, please call us on our Helpline on 0800 047 0347. This line is open Mon-Fri 9-5.